Due to our commitment to the health and safety of our clients, staff and community we will be opening in phases. This means that I will be the only therapist returning at this time with a very limited schedule. Once I accommodate my regularly scheduledÂ clients I will then open my schedule to other clients.Â Our other staff members (Leah, Jenna, Julia and Julie)Â will be returning at a later date to be determined.
I have introduced many new COVID prevention protocols as well as business changes includingÂ temporarily blocking off our schedules on our online scheduling site. For appointment inquiries please contact me via email:
Please keep in mind, depending on the COVID cases in and around Washtenaw County, we may need to close again for the safety of our clients, staff and community. This is an unpredictable time with no risk-free environment andÂ I believe our safety measures at ThriveÂ willÂ greatly reduce potential exposureÂ during your massage.
Thank you for your continued support, patience and understanding as we navigate this challenging time.Â IÂ will beÂ in touch as we expand over the coming weeks and months.
Please see the information below regarding business changes and our new thorough safety protocols.
Owner and LMT at Thrive
COVID BUSINESS CHANGES: BEGINNING JUNE 15, 2020
Only one staff member to start: Heidi Johnson
REDUCTION OF DAILY BOOKINGS
Limit of 1-2 Clients/Day
30/45/60 MINUTE SESSIONS ONLY
Minimizing potential exposure risk by limiting sessions to 60 minutes or less
(Sorry 90-minute lovers – only temporary!)
TEMPORARILY NOT OFFERING FACE MASSAGE
OR TMJ JAW WORK
GENBOOK ONLINE BOOKINGS TEMPORARILY BLOCKED OFF
Contact Heidi for Appointments
NO CLIENT OVERLAP IN WAITING ROOM
1 hour break between clients to avoid overlap & disinfect time
TOUCHLESS PAY SYSTEM
Encourage contactless Apple/Google Pay or Chipped Credit Cards (client inserts the card), Cash or Checks also welcome
CLIENTS IN THE âAT-RISKâ CATEGORIES
Taking special precautions at this time to discuss the risks with clients who are 65 years and older, and those with conditions such as heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, and suppressed immune systems.
MODIFIED CANCELLATION POLICY
No penalties for last minute cancellations (under 24 hours) due to illness or possible illness. Please cancel your appointment if you have any cold/flu-like symptoms AND ALSO if you arenât feeling like your usual physical self. What does that mean? Could be lethargy, unusual fatigue, loss of appetite, stomachache…etc. Please be self aware, cautious and do not come in.
BACK-TO-PRACTICE SAFETY GUIDELINES
1. Health-Intake Updates/New Informed Client COVID Consent Language
2. Prescreening Call: review of symptoms and new office protocols
TREATMENT ROOM/LOBBY READINESS
1. Remove Unnecessary Items: to keep surfaces cleaner and avoid cross contamination.
2. Sanitize/Disinfect with EPA virus eliminating approved cleaners: deep clean of all spaces between clients: massage table, face cradle, massage bolster, tables, chairs, stool, doorknobs, any other touch surfaces.
PRE-SESSION THERAPIST PREPAREDNESS
1. Personal Precautions: continue thorough hand washing and hand sanitizing, continue personally practicing social distancing and maskwearing in public indoor and outdoor spaces, myself and my family members continue to only go outside of the home when necessary. We are a risk adverse family.
2. Office Precautions/Standard Industry Hygiene/Hand washing – Plus the Extra COVID precautions: taking my temperature, not coming to work ill, mask wearing, avoid client hand shaking/hugging, limit conversation, use hand sanitizer in session when necessary, strict table linen clean up, clean apron/shirt for each client session, possibly add a HEPA air purifier.
CLIENT ARRIVAL AND INTAKE
1. Immediate Upon Client Arrival: clients wash or sanitize hands before entering office, mask required, no-contact temperature reading, doorway screening questions, remove shoes, client stays masked while undressing, all of client belongings stay in one easy to clean location in the treatment room, client will sanitize hands after undressing before laying on the table, wipes available for additional client needs.
2. Face Covering/Mask Required for therapists and clients. If you are unable to wear a face covering/mask due to a medical condition please contact Heidi Johnson before scheduling an appointment. Failure to disclose this information prior to your appointment will result in immediate cancellation.
DURING THE SESSION
1. Mask usage for the face down position will be discussed prior to session, mask required when client lays on their back or side. Therapist is always masked. Most of the head and neck massage will take place while the client is face down. Hand massage is at the end of the session. Therapist uses sanitizer at the end of the session and uses paper towel for doorknob to exit room.
1. Therapist immediately washes thoroughly with soap and water from hands to elbows as recommended by the CDC.
2. Client stays masked while getting dressed and sanitizes hands before exiting the treatment room and uses paper towel for doorknob.
3. Complete client payment transaction, sanitize hands, change apron/shirt, repeat sanitize, begin room cleanup and disinfecting.
4. Room/Lobby turnover sanitation protocols: open window immediately, linens removed safely, disinfect all touch surfaces, table protector, face cradle, stool, bolster, massage oil/lotion bottle, client undressing area, doorknobs, iPad, lobby touch surfaces, small trash bin emptied, repeat hand washing. Fresh table linens applied after treatment room is completely disinfected.
5. Sanitation routine continues between all clients
6. Sanitation continues at the end of the day
7. Post-Session client interaction: 2-3 days check in for any apparent symptoms and overall health check-in, opportunity for feedback, questions, concerns, rebooking.
Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals ABMP.com, and CDC.gov
QUESTIONS / COMMENTS / CONCERNS?
Please reach out!Â We are in this togetherâ¦